Maintenance and Development of Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland.
As a measure to strengthen capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office – TANROADS Rukwa seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill vacancies at its office.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the vacancies below in the region on Contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
POSITION TITLE: DRIVER - 7 POSTS
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Successful applicant must be ready to work on all working days and during Weekends and Public Holidays. They should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision.
The Position Holder shall report to the Head of Accounts and Administration Unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The holder of this post will be responsible for carrying out activities as described in TANROADS Job Description manual.
- Driving motor vehicles of the Regional Manager’s Office;
- Keeps vehicle movement records in logbook;
- Deliver and collect mail as directed by responsible officer:
- Inspects the Vehicle before and after use in order to identify defects that may need maintenance or repairs;
- Ensures scheduled and ad – hoc maintenance of the vehicle are timely done and
- Performing any other such related duties as assigned by the Regional Manager.
- Education and Professional qualifications – Holder of Ordinary Secondary Education, must be a holder of Class D Driving license or higher;
- Practical experience: At least two years driving experience; Must have attended a driving school recognized by VETA or NIT;
- Age between 30 and 45 inclusive.
- Any Tanzanian citizens who meet the conditions and requirements of this advertisement are invited to apply.
- Applicants who are employed should route their applications through their current Employers.
- Persons with unresolved criminal offences are not eligible and therefore should not apply
- All applications should have three names of referees and their day time telephone contacts.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of two years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Only candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately/after being notified are invited to send their own handwritten application letter.
All interested candidates are required to apply to the undersigned not later than on Friday, 29th March, 2019 at 16:00 hours attaching to their applications CVs, certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; birth certificate, names of three referees including former Employer if any; applicant contact telephone number and postal address.
Late applications shall not be considered. Hand and Postal deliveries are permitted (electronic mails are not allowed). Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 04,