Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic Plan (2017/2018-2020-2021). In line with this expansion, the Company is also making some reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate the needs of its rapid expansion. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions.
POSITION: QUALITY AND SAFETY OFFICERS (2 POSTS)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
The following are qualifications for aspired candidates:-
- Minimum of Ordinary/Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education.
- TCAA Approval as FOO/AME/ Pilot or Cabin Crew
- Attended and passed approved SMS and Emergency Response Course from an approved institution
- Have Attended and passed approved Airline Quality Auditors Course
- Conversant with current Tanzania Civil Aviation Regulations and International Aviation standards and recommended practices.
- Have more than three years’ experience in Airline Industry
- Computer Literate.
- Fluent in both English and Kiswahili
- Possession of a Bachelor Degree will be an added advantage.
The holder of the position shall be responsible for the following:-
- To conduct external audits on outsourced service providers for both scheduled and non Schedule quality and safety audits and inspection
- To participate in internal audits carried by external or contracted auditors. ie Foreign Aviation Authorities, TCAA AOC and esnure that all findings are closed
- To plan, prepare and cordinate audits in respective areas within the company.
- To carry out quality and safety audit evaluation
- To prepare audit/inspection reports
- To initiate and recommend solutions as per audit/inspection findings through designated reportingchannels
- To ensure all AOC activities are carried out in compliance with the approved Company requirements/procedures and Tanzania Civil Aviation Regulations
- To verify and evaluate the implementation of solutions resulting from audit report within a specified timeframe
- To forward proposed audit findings corrective actions plans (CAP) to Manager Quality and Safety for review
- To review audit/inspection checklist and suggest ammendments to Manager Quality and Safety
- To participate in developing, reviewing and updating AOC manuals
- To upload and download relevant data to/from company’s SMS/Quality software
- To monitor the SMS software for voluntary safety report and to act accordingly
- To assist Manager Quality and Safety in preparing audit reports for management safety review meeting.
All positions carry an attractive remuneration and Fringe Benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Five (5) years contract (renewable) upon successful performance
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants must submit a signed letter for consideration of the applications attached with the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV);
- Certified copies of all certificates (including Secondary School), other relevant certificates and licenses. (Tanzanian applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities i.e Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA))
- Two recent passport size photographs;
- Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers
- The applicant must indicate willingness to work upcountry when need be.
Misrepresentation of facts and qualifications during application shall warrant legal consequences.
Application letters should reach the undersigned within 14 days from the first date of this announcement:- (Deadline will be on 21st March 2019)
MANAGING DIRECTOR& CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543, DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania careers: For career opportunities please send your CV to email@example.com