Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic Plan (2017/2018-2020-2021). In line with this expansion, the Company is also making some reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate the needs of its rapid expansion. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions.
POSITION: SENIOR PLANNING OFFICER (BUSINESS INVESTMENT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT)
a) MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
The following are qualifications for aspired candidates:-
- Must have Bachelor Degree / Advanced Diploma in Economics/ Commerce/ Planning/Statistics or relevant field from a recognized institution
- Must have at least three (3) years of relevant hands- on working experience in a challenging business environment. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant aviation experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Postgraduate qualifications in Business/Project Management or relevant qualifications will be an added advantage
- Fluent in both English and Kiswahili.
b) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The holder of this position shall perform the following responsibilities:-
- To coordinate implementation of corporate projects;
- To carry out feasibility studies
- Continuously scan the internal and external environment to identify opportunities for projects which will assist the Company to effectively achieve its long and short-term objectives;
- Oversees and ensures the development of a research mechanism to provide information and analysis to support the policy and planning functions in particular and the overall work of the Company.
- Evaluate structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities.
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for straightforward transactions
- Participate in negotiations; use negotiation skills to overcome impasses and finalize negotiations in straightforward transactions.
- Works with senior staff to develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the Company and to develop specific investment opportunities.
- Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients' businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase the social development impact of new or portfolio projects.
- To develop and oversee implementation of investment road map
All positions carry an attractive remuneration and Fringe Benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Five (5) years contract (renewable) upon successful performance
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants must submit a signed letter for consideration of the applications attached with the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV);
- Certified copies of all certificates (including Secondary School), other relevant certificates and licenses. (Tanzanian applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities i.e Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA))
- Two recent passport size photographs;
- Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers
- The applicant must indicate willingness to work upcountry when need be.
Misrepresentation of facts and qualifications during application shall warrant legal consequences.
Application letters should reach the undersigned within 14 days from the first date of this announcement:- (Deadline will be on 21st March 2019)
MANAGING DIRECTOR& CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543, DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania careers: For career opportunities please send your CV to email@example.com