The Regional Manager, TANROADS Iringa on behalf of the Chief Executive TANROADS is looking for open minded and creative candidates who are motivated to work within a modern and dynamic environment.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the various vacancies in the region on contract term (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance).
SHIFT IN-CHARGE- (6 POSTS)
- Must have Bachelor Degree in Civil or equivalent from recognized institution;
- Computer literate;
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English;
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen;
- Age Limit Between 35-40 years
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The shift In – Charge who reports to the Regional Manager through the Axle Load Control Supervisor (ALCS) will be responsible for:
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;Supervising shift activities that among others including:
- Weighing motor vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) >3.500Kg plying on our public Roads
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters incase of non compliance with vehicle dimension limit;
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Regional Manager through the ALCS;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager / ALCS;
Applicant Must have not be less than 30 years of Age
Terms of Employments:
12 months Contract renewable
According to TANROADS Salary Scales
Duty Station: Iringa
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their application letters enclosed with Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant education and professional certificates with names of two reputable referees their contact addresses, telephone number(s) and mail addresses so as to reach the below before 21 st March, 2019 at 16:00 hours local time.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Those applicants who will not get letters of invitation for interview should consider themselves unsuccessful.
21 st March, 2019 at 16:00 hours local time.
Please apply to:
The Regional Manager,
P.O. Box 23,