TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of
Maintenance and Development of Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland.
As a measure to strengthen capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office – TANROADS Rukwa seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill vacancies at its office.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the vacancies below in the region on Contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR – 7 VACANCIES
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Successful applicant must be ready to work on all working days and during Weekends and Public Holidays. They should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision.
The Position Holder shall report to Weighbridge Shift in Charge/ Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The holder of this post who reports to Weighbridge Shift in Charge will be responsible for:
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load control by the use of weighbridge scale devices;
- Weigh Motor Vehicles with Gross Weighbridge (GVW) 3.500kg and above on all public roads
- Imposing Road Damage fee on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimension of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters in case of non-compliance with vehicle dimension limits;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the weighbridge in charge/Supervisor.
- Key qualification for the Weighbridge Operators are as follows:
- A national form IV/IV Certificates;
- Must have an FTC or Diploma in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (NTA 6) from recognized learning Institution/ college;
- Computer literate (At least Advance Certificate in computer application);
- Fluent in both English and Swahili;
- Age between 24- 35 years inclusive.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of two years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Only candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately/after being notified are invited to send their own handwritten application letter.
All interested candidates are required to apply to the undersigned not later than on Friday, 29th March, 2019 at 16:00 hours attaching to their applications CVs, certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; birth certificate, names of three referees including former Employer if any; applicant contact telephone number and postal address.
Late applications shall not be considered. Hand and Postal deliveries are permitted (electronic mails are not allowed). Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 04,