TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is vested with the responsibility of
Maintenance and Development of Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland.
As a measure to strengthen capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office – TANROADS Rukwa seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizens to fill vacancies at its office.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the vacancies below in the region on Contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE SHIFT IN CHARGE – (4 VACANCIES)
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Successful applicant must be ready to work on all working days and during Weekends and Public Holidays. They should be willing to work for considerable lengths of time when required under minimum supervision.
The Position Holder shall report to the Head of Accounts and Administration Unit.
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in any profession from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/colleges;
- Age Limit: between 25- 45 inclusive;
- Computer literate;
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English;
- Self-motivation, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will generally be responsible for undertaking activities as described in the Roads Traffic (Max Weight of vehicles) Regulation, 2001 as it may be amended from time to time. Specific activities shall include:-
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
- Overall supervision of shift activities;
- Weigh Motor vehicles of Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) on all Public roads;
- Imposing road damage fee on the spot for overloaded vehicle;
- Measuring physical dimension of motor vehicles or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters in case of noncompliance with vehicledimension limits;
- For trucks carrying abnormal load with special permit, the Weighbridge Operator shall ascertain compliance to the permit. Any discrepancy should be reported to the Weighbridge In- charge for appropriate action;
- Record all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Regional Manager;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of two years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Only candidates who are willing to join the Agency immediately/after being notified are invited to send their own handwritten application letter.
All interested candidates are required to apply to the undersigned not later than on Friday, 29th March, 2019 at 16:00 hours attaching to their applications CVs, certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; birth certificate, names of three referees including former Employer if any; applicant contact telephone number and postal address.
Late applications shall not be considered. Hand and Postal deliveries are permitted (electronic mails are not allowed). Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS),
P.O. Box 04,