Job Ref: 2019-05
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is a locally registered organisation first
established in 1994. It is the largest indigenous provider of ophthalmic and rehabilitation services in the country. CCBRT
aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves as healthcare social
enterprise and through development programmes the community and the most vulnerable. Committed to preventing
lifelong disabilities wherever possible, CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC)
activities including obstetric fistula repairs and is currently constructing a Maternity and Newborn Hospital
In order to further strengthen our External Affairs Team,
we are looking for a enthusiastic experienced fundraiser who can identify and engage new strategic partners
independently, and explores new fundraising opportunities for CCBRT.
As a senior member of CCBRT’s External Alliances Team, (s)he works towards a vision of a sustainable CCBRT with
accessible specialized health services by identifying and engaging new and existing strategic partners. S/he will expand
the mapping and identification of potential new donors, and pro-actively works with the clinical and project managers
to translate the needs of the organization into donor language. Background research on specific topic areas is an
important component of this job. The fundraising activities are supported by some External Affairs Assistants and is
directly linked to the grant management activities of the External Affairs team.
- Degree in development studies, International Relations, Communications or related field
- Minimum of seven years’ work experience in fundraising in an international setting
- Proven experience in development of logical frameworks and proposal writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English); Swahili is an added advantage
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Drive and persistence
- Creative and out-of-the box thinker
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders (internal/external)
- Able to deliver quality work on time (working with short deadlines)
If you are interested, please submit your curriculum vitae with 2 references, an overview of funds raised.
A cover letter telling us why you believe you are the right person for the role, and why you want to work for CCBRT inparticular. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people with disabilities to apply.
Please send your application via email to: email@example.com.
Shortlisted candidates will undergo an interview as well as additional assessments.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate job reference number: 2019-05
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15th June 2019