JamiiForums is a non-governmental organization that promotes and advocates for Freedom of Expression, Internet governance, Internet Freedom, Digital Security, Digital Protection and ICT-for-Democracy. JamiiForums works to have an informed, engaged and entertained community.
As internet penetration grows in Tanzania, more content is getting online – JamiiForums platform being among channels getting more content that needs to be fact-checked, well-structured and balanced.
JamiiForums is currently in need of a Content Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (CM&EM). The CM&EM will track, monitor, report and recommend on the impact of content on JamiiForums platform and all social media channels. The Content Impact Manager reports to the Operations and Programs Director and occasionally to the Executive Director.
The following are the Responsibilities of the Content Impact Manager
- To monitor the flow of discussions on all the forums on JamiiForums.com and noting down any necessary factors that affect impact of posts
- To monitor news and find results or actions taken as a result of JamiiForums content
- Give input on the day-to-day execution of social media messaging such as posting relevant content on outlets e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram and other social platforms
- Stay current on all social media trends; generate innovative ideas for driving engagement on the social platforms by analyzing statistics
- Propose necessary changes on the contents and topics posted on the forums such as amendments and removal of threads, edits, merging or moving the posts to the appropriate thread
- Produce regular internal monthly reports showing the impact of JamiiForums content for members, Government officials and different institutions
- Produce monthly reports on performance of content on all JamiiForums’ social media channels and recommendations for the social media team to increase performance
- Give presentations on behalf of JamiiForums on meetings with stakeholders and partners where necessary
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Aged 25 years and above.
- Editorial skills and experience with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram social media are given a priority.
- A Bachelor's degree
- An active member with a Minimum 3yrs of membership on JF is an advantage
- Very good command of English and Swahili languages; English proofreading is a plus
- Very good computer skills (MS Office, Internet)
- Well organized and Persistent
- Good data presentation and analysis skills
- Can work under pressure to meet deadlines
- MUST be impartial
MODE OF APPLICATION
Potential candidates should apply by sending an updated CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com. The application email should be titled "Application for a Content Monitoring and Evaluation Manager Post". DO NOT send us your username(s) on JamiiForums.
DEADLINE OF APPLICATIONS
The Closing date is the 27th of July, 2019 EoD. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates should be ready to start work immediately (preferably August 2019)
Each individual should apply to only one position that fits them the most.