JamiiForums is a non-governmental organization that promotes and advocates for Freedom of Expression, Internet governance, Internet Freedom, Digital Security, Digital Protection and ICT-for-Democracy. JamiiForums works to have an informed, engaged and entertained community.
As internet penetration grows in Tanzania, more content is getting online – JamiiForums platform being among channels getting more content that needs to be fact-checked, well-structured and balanced.
JamiiForums is currently hiring a Content Production Manager (CPM) to supervise, monitor and oversee the flow of content on JamiiForums.com platform and all social media channels by making sure the Content Quality Controllers (CQC) are responsible for the platforms in maintaining the desired quality (and quantity) and then oversee day-to-day execution of Social Media content flow such as posting relevant content on social media e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram and others as may be agreed by the team.
- The Content Production Manager reports to the Operations and Programs Director and occasionally to the Executive Director.
- The following are the Responsibilities of the Content Production Manager
- To supervise and monitor the flow of discussions on all the forums on JamiiForums.com through making sure Content Quality Controllers are responsible for the platforms in maintaining the platform standards
- Make sure the day-to-day execution of social media messaging such as posting relevant content on outlets e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram and other social platforms
- Stay current on all social media developments and best practices; generate innovative ideas for driving engagement on the social platforms
- Propose necessary changes on the contents and topics posted on the forums such as amendments and removal of threads, edits, merging or moving the posts to the appropriate thread
- Monitor and report content trends including that of social media using tools that will be custom made for the task
- Make sure the team responds to user inquiries/comments on issues raised by JamiiForums clients
- Make sure all content-based staff draft engaging content for external communications and social networking platforms
- Enforce building and maintenance of relationships with high profile users including corporate organizations registered at JamiiForums
- Plan, follow-up and make sure in-house trainings are executed
- Produce regular internal monthly reports regarding overview of the JamiiForums Platform and Content Managers performance and activity
- Produce monthly reports on performance of content on all JamiiForums’ social media channels
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Aged 25 years and above
- Editorial skills and experience are given a priority
- A Bachelor's degree
- An active member with a Minimum 3yrs of membership on JF is an advantage
- Very good command of English and Swahili languages; English proofreading is a plus
- Very good computer skills (MS Office, Internet).
- Well organized and Persistent
- Can work under pressure to meet deadlines
MUST be impartial
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per Jamii Forums salary scales.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Potential candidates should apply by sending an updated CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application email should be titled "Application for a Content Production Manager Post". DO NOT send us your username(s) on JamiiForums.
DEADLINE OF APPLICATIONS
The Closing date is the 27th of July, 2019 EoD. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates should be ready to start work immediately (preferably August 2019)
Each individual should apply to only one position that fits them the most.