JamiiForums is a non-governmental organization that promotes and advocates for Freedom of Expression, Internet governance, Internet Freedom, Digital Security, Digital Protection and ICT-for-Democracy. JamiiForums works to have an informed, engaged and entertained community.
As internet penetration grows in Tanzania, more content is getting online – JamiiForums platform being among channels getting more content that needs to be well-structured and catering to people within different economic, physical and geographical groups.
JamiiForums is currently in need of a transcriber to translate recorded or live audio/video files into text format.
- A transcriber is responsible for note taking on all engagements organized by or attended by JamiiForums and providing written versions of audio or video recordings or live broadcasts of meetings, events or conversations.
- The following are the Responsibilities of a Transcriber
- Listen to recorded dictations to interpret and transcribe them, translating any industry-specific jargon into long-form text, such as legal terms
- Attend events or meetings on behalf of JamiiForums and provide written format translation to all conversations
- Assist rapporteurs by providing text covering all activities at events organized by JamiiForums
- Work closely with Content Quality Controllers in increasing content value by converting content on JamiiForums from Audio/Video to text
- Other tasks as assigned by Content Production Manager
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree. (Preferably Mass Communication, Journalism or related field)
- An active member with a Minimum 3 years of membership on JamiiForums
- Listening and writing skills
- Very good command of English and Swahili languages; English proofreading is a plus
- Very good computer skills (MS Office, Internet)
- Well organized and Persistent
- Detail oriented
- Time management
- Can work under pressure
- MUST be impartial
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per Jamii Forums salary scales.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their CVs and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application email should be titled "Application for a Transcriber Post". DO NOT send us your username(s) on JamiiForums.
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION
The Closing date is the 27th of July, 2019 EoD. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates should be ready to start work immediately (preferably August 2019)
Each individual should apply to only one position that fits them the most.