Our client is an International NGO.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
This position is responsible for day to day transactional accounting operations of NGO operations under PEPFAR and TPDF Program. The Senior Accountant will serve as a point person for accounting and provide supervision, coaching and support to program staff and any other junior accountant in the department. He / She is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable accounting policies and procedures, laws and regulations requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and supervision of other department accountant(s)
• Ensuring daily accounting activity are executed with the right ethical practices.
• Perform accounting activities to include financial reports, bank reconciliations, general ledger entries, and other general accounting functions
• Ensure efficient of the document workflow within the department from the point request is made, approval, final payment and reconciliation.
• Maintain, monitor accounts and finance helpdesk to ensure issues raised by other staffs are responded and resolved timely.
• Maintain and reconcile petty cash accounts on a monthly basis to be reviewed by the accounting manager.
• Maintain strong financial reports in compliance with organizations policies and procedure
• Responsible for GL entries and accurate recordkeeping to support entries and transactions.
• Ensures timely monthly and annual accounting close.
• Resolves accounting issues, concerns, and questions in a timely manner to ensure smooth and efficient program operations and reporting.
• Provides monthly accounting reports finance and accounting staff for review.
• Assist in Payroll preparation on monthly basis, payroll reconciliations and resolving all payroll related issues.
• Reviews vs. prepares monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
• Trains project accounting staff on NGO procedures and policies
• Assist with the preparation of financial reports for US Government, institutional funders and private donors as needed
• Respond to routine HQ accounting-related inquiries
• Provides support for internal and external audit support
• Review the completeness and accuracy of regional office and country office monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports package submissions; resolve related problems and/or provide guidance to Country Offices to resolve them as appropriate
• Maintain vendor files and related accounting records, such as leases and contracts
• Manage accounts payables, receivables, payroll, travel advances, and international wires
• Supports or leads on special projects as needed.
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by accounting manager, in support of the team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
• ACCA/CPA (T) is required
• 7-10 years minimum accounting and/or auditing experience preferably in a nonprofit or international development environment
• 4-6 years of supervision experience in mid to large accounting department
• Knowledge of and familiarity with accounting systems/packages
• Experience managing staff
• Ability to use good judgment and professionalism; experience in decision-making
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and experience with QuickBooks accounting and Aruti payroll software required.
• Experience with US government regulations a plus
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
• Strong skills in internal controls and accounting standards
• Ability to function effectively both autonomously and on complex/sensitive issues and projects.
• High level of professionalism, transparency, and integrity in overall production of work product.
• High standard of written and spoken English
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
Please send to us your application: email@example.com
Make sure your CV in Microsoft word format.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“DON’T MISS THIS GREAT PROFESSIONAL OPPORTUNITY”