CARGO SALES OFFICER (2 POSTS)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATION AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
- Prospective applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications:-
- Must have a Degree in Business Administration/Air Transport Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must have two (2) years working experience in Cargo Sales or related functions in a highly competitive business environment.
- Must be computer literate.
- Background in Air Transport Management and possession of IATA/UFTAA Diploma will be an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To coordinate and supervise cargo activities at all stations;
- To verify and sign cargo damage reports;
- To oversee Ramp staff are advised on the cargo to be uplifted on each flight;
- To supervise the Handling agent (at some stations) performs all activities as per TC recommended procedures;
- To prepare periodical reports;
- To assist in preparation of budget inputs;
- To handle general cargo and Post Office mail bags at point of origin;
- To check incoming cargo and mail against the cargo manifest;
- To prepare arrival advices for all received cargo as per cargo manifest;
- To accept cargo from shippers and prepare for carriage all shipments from agents;
- To handle acceptance of coffins, perishables and courier shipments;
- To forward invoicing particulars to Finance department and
- To manifest all shipments accepted.
All above positions carries an attractive remuneration and benefits as per ATCL Salary Scales and Incentive Scheme.
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Interested APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A DULLY SIGNED LETTER for consideration of the applications attached with the following:
- A curriculum vitae (CV);
- Certified copies of all certificates (including Secondary School), other relevant certificates. (Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA))
- Two recent passport size photographs;
- Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
Application letters should reach the undersigned before 2nd October 2019
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.