A reputable Private English Medium Primary School in Dar es Salaam is looking for a Head Teacher
In summary, the head teacher performs various roles and responsibilities in the school,in charge of the daily update of the school; ensures that the teaching staff carries out their delegated functions effectively, and carries out planning aimed at improving the academics of the school.Normally head teachers have a few teaching responsibilities, but in general the large proportion of their work is the day-to-day liaison in order to create a productive, disciplined learning environment.
- Ensure that the overall aims and objectives of the school policies are implemented;
- In collaboration with the Administrator, deploy staff effectively and propose recruitment of new staff if needed;
- Meeting with other education professionals, and representing the school at conferences and other events outside the school;
- In liaison with the School Accountant, ensure good financial management of the school;
- Ensuring the school is up-to-date in terms of registration, innovations, from teaching practices to new technologies;
- Reporting on the school’s performance to a range of audiences, including the director, the board, and others;
- Resolving major disciplinary issues with pupils, including working in partnership with the law enforcing agents and social services;
- Marketing and device marketing materials for the services offered at school to broaden its horizon;
- In collaboration with the School Accountant, organize the get-together function at the end of the year which involves parents, students and invited guests;
Minimum Skills Required
- A university degree is desirable, experience as a headteacher will be an added advantage.
- Ability to use technology and cope with dynamics in education sector;
Write in confidence, on one A4 paper, explain why should you be considered for this position. Your application accompanied with Curriculum Vitae and three referees should be typed, and send through the e-mail below.
Deadline for application is 23rd September, 2019.
Interview for the shortlisted candidates will be on 5th October, 2019.
E-mail your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org