The Global Expansion Manager will focus on project management country launch and scale operations.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Management level
Experience Length: 5 years
Position Title: Global Expansion Manager
Location: Flexible - could be based in any market where WASSHA is active
WASSHA Inc, provides solar lantern rental service to the people in off-grid area by innovative and affordable way. Our mission is “Power to the people”, which means to empower all the stakeholders including, but not limited to, low income people in hard-to-reach area and small business entrepreneur. WASSHA aims to realize a cutting-edge society in Africa by solving social issues in rural villages.
We are looking for a responsible and self-motivated Global Expansion Manager to help with organization expansion from Tanzania where the company is currently operating to the other countries in Africa.
The Global Expansion Manager will focus on project management country launch and scale operations by
1) establishing country management team,
2) ensuring soft launch operations meet key performance indicators across major functions, and
3) supporting the transition to commercial launch.
You will directly report to Head of Global Expansion with the expectation that you will share best practices across markets. You should also be comfortable travelling and/or living abroad.
The goal will be to ensure the profitability of our company’s activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success.
- Identify customer needs and requirements of solar product by implementing trials in the field in several markets
- Research the country or region thoroughly and adapt strategies accordingly
- Identify potential market size by doing desktop survey and field survey
- Research required permit and licenses in relation to set up an entity in each country
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising, maintaining research databases
- Review existing tax scheme to ensure WASSHA will apply correct tax codes and optimize tax implications
- Recruit, vet, and train all staff in new markets
- Monitor performance at all levels and schedule training as required
- Prepare a business plan and budget
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, International Business or equivalent
- Five years work experience in solar industry
- Five years work experience in international business development or equivalent
- A solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning
- The ability to recruit staff and monitor performance
- Strong data analysis skills preferred, proficient usage of MS Excel is required
- A good knowledge base of the region, and a willingness to learn
- Excellent English and French
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills
- Experience living abroad is advantageous
- Customer service orientation
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A passion for WASSHA and our customers
Highly Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience living or working in a rural economy
- Experience utilizing analytical techniques to drive data driven decisions
- Financial modeling skills
- Ability to read, interpret and take relevant and nimble action on a P&L and financial statements
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating:
1. Why you think you qualify for this post
2. Application letter and current CV. CV should indicate relevant experience based on previous tasks and skills that you are bringing into the organization
3. Names and contacts of three referees who have supervised you in your previous working history